Will wonders never cease. I had been so sure that Quinn's feeding ability would outstrip his breathing in terms of what he needed to do going home that I was totally shocked when we went to see him today and he was on a regular nasal cannula on 1 liter/minute flow, enough to go home on. He still gets about every third feed through his tube. I'm actually a little worried that he's already down that low on flow pressure. I thought they would give him a few days to acclimate to the new place before trying new things. I hope this doesn't set him up to crash and burn. But I'm also hoping that he doesn't look back. Maybe this really will be it for him. *fingers crossed*
We had a good nursing session today. He latched right on, although it took him a few minutes of looking around and grunting before he set to work. But he's getting the hang of it. He weighs 2469 g, 5 lbs 7 oz. He's looking just like a regular baby now. And yes, I did take pictures today. But uploading them involves fighting with Kurt's computer. Sorry, not in the mood. But there are plenty more where they came from. Tomorrow we'll take the other kids, because it's only 15 minutes away! Someday soon, we'll have all three kids in the same place all the time. The impossible dream.
1. I'm grateful for progress.
2. I'm grateful for weekends.
3. I'm grateful for summer.
4. I'm grateful Quinn and I can rebuild our relationship.
5. I'm grateful for a more hopeful future than 3 months ago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Im so glad that
1. He got transferred
2. That he is BFing like a pro
3. That his o2 req. are coming down
Sounds like he will be home in no time if he keeps that up!!
Bronwyn! I am so excited for you that this time everything went so well with the transfer. How nice to have him closer! Give Quinn and the other kids a big hug from us.
I am so happy for you!
Post a Comment