Saturday, June 14, 2008

I'm sad none of our pictures turned out especially well. Non-photogenic family here. But we've documented this time period. That's what counts. We had a pretty hectic day trying to fit everything in that we wanted to do. Sometimes I think weekends are busier than weekdays. I did get to nurse Quinn again, and this time he actually got something. I could feel it. Then I took Dorian and Faith to the pump room with me while Kurt held Quinn for the rest of his tube feed. Kurt hadn't seen him for several days, since I had been attempting to nurse him all this week. He thought Quinn had changed in that amount of time. I agree. He is looking bigger and more mature everyday. He was awake and active the entire time we were there, so that was really fun to see. His oxygen flow is down to 2 liters/minute. We're making progress! I didn't catch a weight for him today, but I know he gained from yesterday, so still in the neighborhood of 4.5 lbs. And we're hoping for good things next week so he can move closer to home.

Getting ready to nurse.
Switching sides.
Adoring daddy.I don't think Dorian poked Quinn in the eye, but I could be wrong.
Evaluating big brother.And the whole fam-damly. Faith is the only one who looks in any way decent. Oh well.

1. I'm grateful to be able to nurse Quinn.
2. I'm grateful to have pictures of our whole family.
3. I'm grateful to spend any amount of time together.
4. I'm grateful for the rain, that keeps our area green.
5. I'm grateful to be in the homestretch of our NICU time.

7 comments:

Carolyn said...

What a cute little guy! Your whole family looks so cute. I'm glad you have more pictures to share with us!

RasJane said...

Thanks so much for the pictures. You guys look great-don't be silly.
Wow! Quinn has grown so much! What an amazing little man. His sibs look quite impressed too-and cute. :)
Whhohooo--homestretch. Still praying here for lots of miracles for Quinn and his team.

Kim said...

All three of those kiddos are getting so big! And darn cute! :)

Shauna said...

I don't think you guys look unphotogenic...if that's even a word. That is so great that nursing him went that well...YAY! I'll pray that he keeps getting the hang of it more every time...that he gets a better and better handle on breathing, sucking, and swallowing.

Going Full Hippie said...

what are you talking about!?

you guys look amazing, all of you.

you have a beautiful little family, congratulations!

Sara LaClaire said...

hi! sara mitchell here. (don't need another holly dipadova confusion.) congratulations on the new baby! and it's been so long, i didn't even know this is #3. wow! anyway, you look great; your kids are beautiful; what a happy life!

Bronwyn said...

Hi sara, it has been awhile! Umm, I don't understand the reference to Holly. Should I?