Friday, June 20, 2008

Just a quickie tonight. Believe it or not, we still enjoy our Friday nights.

Quinn is 2240 g, 4 lbs 15 oz. He might just hit 5 lbs tomorrow. That seems like an enormous milestone to me. I spent several hours with him today, in my new attempt to get to know him all over again, as well as make sure dumb things like wasting my milk don't happen again. The first feed we attempted to nurse didn't go so well. Quinn was sleepy and didn't get much. But the second one went very well. Judging by the amount I got pumping afterward, I think he got about one fourth of his normal feed from me. So some things are improving. Other things not so much. He's back up on his oxygen pressure. Last night, he showed signs of getting very tired. He had been on this pressure setting for nearly one week, 2 liters/ minute. But he's back up to 3. I'm hoping this will be like the day he went back on the ventilator, that he just needs a little break and he'll come back stronger than ever. And so far so good. He looked really good while I was there.

I think people are sort of walking on eggshells around me. One nurse told me that if Quinn transferred, I'd have to get used to a whole new set of frustrations. and at least where he is, I'm used to the people and the ways they drive me nuts. Alright, thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I notice a difference when I'm lax in my gratitude. So I'll try again.

1. I'm grateful for Fridays, and weekends in general.
2. I'm grateful for the support we get through this enormous trial.
3. I'm grateful for the rainbow I saw on my drive home tonight.
4. I'm grateful for the time I can spend with Quinn.
5. I'm grateful for the hope that pulls us forward.

No comments: