Just another day downtown. I wonder how many more we have. No, scratch that. I don't wonder. It just makes time go more slowly.
Quinn is currently 2400 g, about 5 lbs 5 oz. He's taking more and more feeds by mouth, and has come down slightly on oxygen. He had been at a rate of 3 liters/minute. Now he's down to 2.5. He can't be more than 1 to go home. He's also at about 27%, after being at 30% for what seemed like forever. We're making some strides then. Kurt and I were both with him today, and we got to watch a video on infant CPR. Horrible thought, but practical nonetheless.
We ran into a neonatologist who said a cardiologist is going to look at Quinn and see if he has pulmonary hypertension. This might give us a better idea how much longer he will need oxygen support. The neonatologist said that should have happened yesterday, but the cardiologist didn't get the message. Surprise surprise. But he would be there today. We left at 4, and he still hadn't come. Surprise, surprise. Still no word on a transfer, but that's sort of a moot point by now. We'll just concentrate on what it will take to get Quinn home and put our family back together again. We are creeping up on his due date after all. Here's hoping.
1. I'm grateful Kurt and I could spend some time together today.
2. I'm grateful I've done so much research on important parenting issues.
3. I'm grateful for every paradigm shift I've experienced in my life.
4. I'm grateful for the experiences that led to these new perspectives.
5. I'm grateful I was raised to have self confidence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Bronwyn, I found your blog from Sara's blog. It's really cool to see photos of you and your family. You have a gorgeous family! I'm sorry to hear about little Quinn being in NICU but it seems like he is making lots of progress. I'm in nursing school at the moment and recently did a placement in the NICU - I commend you for your strength and I think it's great that you try to find something to be grateful about each day. Your family will be in our prayers.
Post a Comment