Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grandma came into town today. Yay Grandma! Kurt's mom flew in this afternoon. Now we're ready for Operation Get Quinn Home. And it may just happen soon. I hesitate to speculate just when, but as of today, he is doing everything he needs to be discharged. They just started giving him all his feeds by mouth. He still has the nasal gastric tube in place in case he needs it, but if all goes well, that will be removed, and then he'll have one less attachment. And he's been out of heat for nearly a week and doing well with that, and he been on 1 liter/minute of flow for nearly 2 days now, and that's the maximum flow for going home. His due date is one week from tomorrow. It's looking promising.

Ibreastfed Quinn today and we weighed him before and after to see how much he took. It looks like he took about two-thirds of his regular feed, and might have taken more, but I was anxious to see the difference and plunked him on the scale. So he's doing pretty well for himself. I'm guardedly hopeful for this week.

2 comments:

Becky N. said...

What a difference a week can make! I am so happy to hear that he's doing so well. Enjoy Grandma!!

Yvonne said...

amazing the changes that have happened... and all since transfering.. Hmm.. I wonder what that other place was doing to him!