Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The fireflies are back. I love it when the forest sparkles. It's among the things I plan to show Quinn when he comes home, which may be soon. He has a big day ahead of him tomorrow. As long as the smaller hospital has room for him, he will be transferred. Woohoo! He'll only be 15 minutes away, and no 10 minute walk from the parking garage to his bedside. So obviously, his eye exam went fairly well today. His eyes are still immature, but they have improved enough from the last exam that the ophthalmologist doesn't need to see him for another month. And everyone seems to think that he will be home by then, and that can be handled on an outpatient basis. So it looks like Quinn will actually get to see the light of day tomorrow. That will be a first. A first among firsts.

In other news, we had a pretty good nursing session tonight. This time I could tell he was swallowing and getting something. But he tired out and got the rest of his feed by tube. I'll be able to spend much more time with him after he transfers, and we'll get this figured out. He gained 35 g, so he's up to 2085 g, 4 lbs 9 oz. Still tiny, but not nearly as tiny as he once was. We're looking forward to tomorrow!

1. I'm grateful to have so much improvement for our whole family.
2. I'm grateful everything has worked together for this to happen.
3. I'm grateful Quinn is on his way home.
4. I'm grateful Quinn is gaining momentum in his improvement.
5. I'm grateful that I appreciate just holding my baby so much more.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Bronwyn, that is WONDERFUL news. I'm so happy for you. Can you believe you've made it this far? What an incredible journey for your family.

Amy said...

WONDERFUL news!

RasJane said...

Oh, that is fabulous news! Yay Quinn! You and your family are doing so awesome, Bronwyn.
Quinn is so blessed to have you for parents.

And, as an aside, can I just say I am so jealous that you have fireflies? That is probably the one thing I would change about the West Coast. ;)

Nemmer said...

Oh, I'm SO excited for you! This is the BEST news! Thanks so much for keeping this updated -- I think about you guys every day.