Same old same old today. Still getting 26 ml every 3 hours, still in the 35 to 40% oxygen range. Kurt didn't get a weight while he was down there today. He did however run into the nurse I had my fun discussion with yesterday. She was taking care of another baby in the same nursery today. She looked over at Kurt and said something like "That baby of yours. He knows what he wants and how to get it. Watch out! He's going to be a handful!" Kurt doesn't take bait nearly as easily as I do, which is one reason we are a good match. He just smiled and nodded and ignored her for the rest of his time there. But he talked about it plenty when he got home. What is wrong with knowing what you want and how to get it? What does that nurse expect of these babies? That they will just lie there quietly, and then maybe tentatively get her attention and say "Uh, pardon me, I don't mean to bother you, but if it's not too much trouble, would it be okay if I got fed now?" The ones who don't make trouble are preferred, in any group situation. All I have to say is well-behaved people rarely make history.
I need to get my lists going again.
1. I'm grateful I know who I am and where I want to go and how to get there.
2. I'm grateful I know that I am worthy of being loved and receiving blessings.
3. I'm grateful I have the opportunity to raise children and help them realize their worth as God's children.
4. I'm grateful I got the resolve to document this time on our lives, both for immediate therapeutic reasons and future reference.
5. I'm grateful all in our family continue to do well and improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bronwyn....my Aunt Jan (Arnell) sent me your blog. I don't know if you'd even remember me...I was Charity's age...Shayla (Menzie) McLaughlin. I'm so very impressed at your strength, faith, character and stamina. I, too, had a sweet little micro-preemie (1 lb 12 oz) May 9, 2007...at 26 weeks. This last year has been quite a road...a long one, I won't lie, but you're already in the thick of it. You will be so thankful you blogged about your experiences daily--I didn't join the blogging world until much later. I love your gratitudes you write daily--what an inspiration. In what little I have read about your sweet Quinn, memories are rushing back about my little Viviana at all the milestones you speak of. She is doing remarkable and I just wanted to let you know to keep on...like we have a choice:), but you certainly have a wonderful attitude and a certain peace radiates from your journal writing. The gospel certainly makes all the difference in our thought process. This experience is such a defining moment in your life and I'm sure you already recognize that. I've started to blog about my reflections with Vivie from a year ago...remembering my blessings has been such a wonderful way of giving thanks for Vivie's life. Anyway, it sounds like you just have it all together--I wouldn't expect anything different of a Thompson! I just think knowing others' experiences with micro-preemies was a helpful tool for me during my roller-coaster.
Thanks for the encouragement. I don't remember you specifically, but I remember your brother Brett. I appreciate your story, knowing that it can all work out. I looked at your blog, and really related to your comment about the picture with all your kids. I felt so much better after we got a picture of our whole family, just knowing that all of us had been together, even for just a short time. It's definitely a roller coaster, and I never quite know when the next hill or dip will come. Hoping for the best, for all of us.
Post a Comment