My baby is starving. That is so frustrating. When we got there this evening, his nurse commented he's been chewing on his fists and pacifier a lot the last few hours. But he has to be NPO until rounds tonight so they can all discuss it as a group, is what the nurse practitioner said. I know they don't HAVE to wait until rounds to change orders. That's definitely been done in the past and they didn't have to wait. So I don't know the real reason why he can't be fed, but he is hungry and ready to eat again. They took another x-ray this morning and there was still a small amount of distention, but a definite improvement over what it was last night. So, if another improvement has happened since then between rounds, which happen every 12 hours, we have to wait until then to make the change. Arghh! Just feed my baby! You can't starve a 3 pound kid! He is getting IV fluid, but I'm sorry, no man-made product is superior to mother's milk. I've made plenty of it, now let's use it.
We also need to take our camera more often. Kurt used the NICU's camera and got the cutest picture of Quinn smiling, but they don't email photos from that camera. They just print them off and send them home with people.
And another sort-of milestone. Quinn is no longer the smallest baby in his nursery. Just today a 26 weeker was admitted. Quinn looks big and mature by comparison. I still can't believe I was supposed to be 32 weeks pregnant by now, complaining about petty things like indigestion, and instead I have a baby in intensive care. I still hope to wake up from the nightmare sometimes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Bronwyn, It's Megan Peterson, I found your blog from other Glenville Blogs and have been reading about your little Quinn. I'm praying for your little family. Please let me know if I can do anything.
Post a Comment