Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another week with Quinn home. I think I will continue in the weekly updates. We have a busier life than I ever thought possible.

We had Quinn blessed on Sunday. We did it at our house, not at church. And we had my parents, Kurt's parents, and Kurt's brother and his family who live about an hour and a half away, and our little house was quite crowded for the event.

Here are the priesthood holders with Quinn. Kurt holding Quinn, my dad, Kurt's dad, and Kurt's brother Nate.

And we got two shots of our family of five, and both were so supremely bad that I thought they both deserved to be put up. Dorian and Faith are quite characters and I think they were showing off for their cousins. So here we are.

We've had another fairly busy week. Kurt's parents went home with his brother after Sunday's event, and my parents stayed, having driven from the west coast. Yes, it really is possible to drive the whole 3000 miles. My dad went home yesterday, after he and my mom did some projects around the house, and helped us with the kids this week. My mom will be here until next weekend.

My dad and I took Quinn downtown on Tuesday for his eye exam. I needed my dad to man the oxygen tank. The exam went well. Quinn passed with flying colors. Whew! That's amazing for as long as he's been on oxygen. One more thing to check off the list.

Wednesday the home health nurse came back and turned Quinn's oxygen down to 25 cc/minute, just the barest whiff. If all goes well, and we've little reason to think it won't, he will be done with oxygen next week. Oh, to have an unencumbered baby. We also weighed him. He was 7 lbs 10 oz, so his gain rate has slowed, but is still good. He'll go back to the pediatrician on Tuesday and we'll talk about adjusting his diet, whether we can come down on calories in his fortifier yet or not. He is nursing more, so I'm sure that accounts for the slowed rate. It's now normal, where before it was amazingly fast. We'll see.

I've also spent some frustrating time on the phone with the urologist's office trying to bump up Quinn's appointment to get his hernia looked at. They wanted a referral from his PCP, who sent it twice before we found out they had lied about their fax number. I still haven't heard back from them. A project for Monday. I always need a project.

And there we have it. Next week we'll have pictures of Quinn's face without anything attached to it. We've never seen this before. That will be something to look forward to.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I can't wait to see that cute little face! I'm glad you had a good week with family. What a blessing.

Kim said...

Ah, healthcare projects. Gotta love 'em. Or maybe not. ;) I'm still working on a "project" from 1 year ago. Dasha's ultrasound! Can you believe that? The kid's 7 months old, for crying out loud!

Anonymous said...

Great pics even if the olders are being silly. Just checking in on Quinn to see how you guys are doing.