Friday, July 11, 2008

Ninety-nine. It's always been a significant number, just one less than one hundred. As a statistic, it's probably the most popular number to throw about: "Kills 99% of germs!" "99% of the time, this is what happens." and my personal favorite "99% of drivers say they are above average." It was a significant year for me too, '99. That was the year I graduated from high school, to the tune of "Tonight, we're gonna party like it's 1999!"And now it has more significance to me, and our family. Ninety-nine days ago, a very little boy was born. And now, after ninety-nine days of separation, he has joined our family at home.

At one point this afternoon, I was nursing Quinn, and Dorian came into the room. Dorian and I played a game of making funny faces, and I had flashbacks of doing something very similar with him when Faith was a nursing baby two years ago. Then Faith came in and joined us in our game. Amid the peals of laughter, Quinn nursed contentedly, and I have never been happier. It suddenly didn't matter that in the corner of the room stood an oxygen tank, resembling a small rocket about to take off. My children are all together in one place, and we are living. This is Life. It's nothing more profound than the day-to-day family interactions just like these, made all the more vivid because of Quinn's long absence. We are home.





14 comments:

RasJane said...

I have tears in my eyes. Welcome Home, Quinn!
Yay! I'm so, so happy you get to all be together, in your own home.
You are right, it won't be easy, but it will be your very own life together. It doesn't get any better than that.
Enjoy.

Nemmer said...

Oh Bronwyn! I'm SO thrilled he is finally home! The oxygen and monitors will be a pain, but SO, SO much better than the separation. I'm just so happy for you guys!

Becky N. said...

*insert loud, squealing sounds of joy here!!*

I'm *so* very excited for your family. I was seriously doubting it would happen, and here I am, sitting down just browsing through my normal evening stuff, and I see SUCH a WONDERFUL post of good news!!! I'm so so so happy for your family. Your afternoon sounds like absolute heaven for you. I'm so thrilled that your family is all together now. If I were anywhere near you, I might squeeze the life out of you with my overjoyed hugs!!

And the pictures just make the news all that much more real to me, they're so lovely to see!!

April said...

I got a little teary reading this post, I am so happy that your family is finally reunited :) Quinn looks wonderful.

Queen Bee said...

Congratulations Bronwyn and family! I am so delighted for all of you.

Amy said...

I am so incredibly thrilled for you! This post brought tears to my eyes.

Leah said...

Congrats! What a relief, I'm sure. Take care!

alisha said...

So very happy that Quinn is home. Your family looks so beautiful together.

Bronwyn said...

Thanks everyone. It feels good to be home, and not plan a trip to the hospital today.

Carolyn said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for your family!

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

I had to read this blog out loud to Brent... I was so happy for your WHOLE FAMILY... Merry Christmas... you got your wish. An to think... little Quinn nursed just great with the laughter and interaction of HIS familiy surrounding him. (joy and rejoicing comes to mind here...)

We are thrilled for you ALL!

Maggie said...

AHHHHHH!!!!

This is such great news!!!! He is so gorgeous and you are beaming and all of you together!!!

I really have no words but to ramble ramble. *HUGS* and major love coming your way!

Katy said...

I am so happy for you that he is finally home! I saw your mom a couple weeks ago and she was telling me about what happened. Your kids are all cute!

Tawnya said...

Yay!! There are tears over here too. We are so happy to hear that the family is back together again!