Thursday, July 10, 2008

D Day minus 1.

I guess this is it. Two of us will be heading to the hospital tomorrow morning, and hoping against hope that three of us will be coming home. We left the car seat there tonight so Quinn could have his car seat test done. He is still holding steady on all of his stats. He's 6 lbs 11 oz, and growing, all of which is good. I got a rundown of what to watch for as far as his hernia, in case it gets significantly worse. I told the doctor my main motivation for not having it repaired before he comes home is that we are to the point where we need our family reunited. We need to be together. Even if Quinn needs to go back the next day and have it repaired, that our whole family will have been together in our home just once will be able to sustain us through whatever may come. She said she understood, and gave me all the horror stories, just so I'd be over prepared. She did mention staying overnight, which neither Kurt nor I wanted to do, for multiple reasons. Later, a nurse told us she didn't blame us. I'm glad someone sees the other side of the argument. Kurt and I went out tonight for what may be our last date in a very long time. A crew of people from church came over today and helped us get all the dust and dog hair out of the house, so our little chronic lung disorder baby won't have to breathe them. I hope we've checked everything off our list. We've made it and checked it twice. And all I want for Christmas is my whole family together in one place.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Yay! SO excited for you Bronwyn

RasJane said...

Fingers crossed, toes crossed, arms folded, knees bent.
Good luck!