We haven't been to the hospital yet today. We're taking the kids, and I'm hoping we'll be able to get our first family photo after 3 weeks of having 3 kids. It hardly seems possible.
Kurt's favorite music group is Depeche Mode. While he was playing their music the other day, the song "Precious" came on and it so reminded me of Quinn and his situation.
Precious and fragile things
Need special handling
My God what have we done to you
We always tried to share
The tenderest of care
Now look what we have put you through
Things get damaged
Things get broken
I thought we'd manage
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle
There was so little left to give
Angels with silver wings
Shouldn't know suffering
I wish I could take the pain for you
If God has a master plan
That only He understands
I hope it's your eyes He's seeing through
Things get damaged
Things get broken
I thought we'd manage
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle
There was so little left to give
I pray you learn to trust
Have faith in both of us
And keep room in your hearts for two
Things get damaged
Things get broken
I thought we'd manage
But words left unspoken
Left us so brittle
There was so little left to give
I haven't done my gratitude list for a couple of days.
1. I'm grateful I'm healing, and finally able to get out of bed without significant pain
2. I'm grateful Quinn is able to eat again
3. I'm grateful for music in my life, that it provides a way to communicate with my children
4. I'm grateful for the time Kurt and I have had alone to talk on our way to the hospital. It's almost like a date.
5. I'm grateful to spend time outside on a beautiful spring day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OMGosh I love that song. Now I will forever think of Quinn when I hear it for the rest of my life, so sweet. Depeche Mode has been my favourite since my preteen years...wow, they've been around a while huh?!
Keep growing, precious Quinn!
Wow, the song almost sounds like it was written for Quinn, doesn't it? Amazing.
Also, thank you for explaining the acronyms in the post below. I was starting to wonder but didn't want to bug you with questions. ;)
Kurt, we will need to talk Mode soon. Say hey to Dave, Martin and Fletch for me.
Post a Comment