I had a pretty good visit today. I kangarooed Quinn for about an hour. He kept having some issues with his O2 saturation. It was dipping below 80%. Then I noticed the CPAP was pushed up against his nostrils and the top digging into the bridge of his nose. After I adjusted it, the saturation went up to the uppper 90's and stayed there for the rest of the time. He's done with antibiotics, as his cultures came back negative, so it truly was the breathing issues. He just wasn't ready to do more on his own yet. He had an x-ray while I was there, and apparently still has some gas issues, although immediately after the x-ray while I was holding him, I felt him get rid of a lot of it. Maybe they should have done it again after that. You know, a little more radiation can't hurt. Anyway, he is still NPO, and will be until at least tomorrow. That would be almost a full week. I really hope that will be the end of it. He had been doing so well...I'll just try not to dwell on that. Overall, he is still doing well.
I made another stop while I was at the hospital, and that was a mistake. I went to the office of health information and asked about seeing my records from when I was a patient there. I started filling out the form, and the receptionist said "That will be $25." Uh, excuse me? $25 just to look at my own records? What sort of highway robbery is that? She said it was a handling fee. So someone gets $25 to handle a three-ring binder and stand there while I look at it and then hand it back. I said forget it and walked out fuming. All I want is a clearer picture and understanding of everything that was done to me during me lovely week long stay there. I was told my placenta was sent to pathology to see what went wrong with it. It's been nearly 3 weeks and I haven't heard what happened with it. Apparently I have to pay a fee to find out. Our health care system is so broken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, i just read all your postings. I am sorry things have turned out the way they are. I am kind of out of the loop with a lot of family news so i was not sure of all the details until i read you blog. I wish you luck. tell kurt hi for me and that i am hoping for the both of you. Or should i say all three of you. I thought about calling and i almost did untill i realized what time it was there....
Hi Bronwyn, this is April. I am glad that you started a blog, I have been thinking about you alot and you are in our prayers.
oh and I have to say that $25 fee is RIDICULOUS! I remember it was a huge pain to get my records from the Bronx when we moved up here, what a pain!!!
Post a Comment