

I had a staring contest with Quinn today. It's much more fun to see his whole face without the encumbrance of the CPAP.


He was under the bili lights again today. Duh. He hasn't eaten anything since Saturday morning. He's slowly getting over his gas issues, and the NP said hopefully tonight he'll be able to start eating again. That's what we were told yesterday too though. We'll see.
It was fun to get a much better look at him. He has the same coloring Faith had at birth, dark hair and dark blue eyes. Faith now has red hair (and super curly!) and dark green eyes, so it will be interesting to see what he ends up with. Dorian had white-blond hair and gray eyes, and now has darker blond hair and brown eyes. Of course, if he doesn't end up looking very like Kurt, I'll be surprised. Baby pictures of the two of them are frighteningly similar.
My first day alone wasn't too bad. I woke up in a lot of pain and thought that didn't bode well for the day. But it seemed to ease a bit, and I did fine going to the hospital alone. Dorian and Faith enjoyed spending time at a friend's house, and really weren't all that anxious to leave when I came to pick them up. They know our house is boring now without grandmas and cousins. Kurt should be home in a few minutes and someone is bringing us dinner tonight, which is really nice. So all I've had to do at home is pump and hope the house doesn't fall apart while I'm doing that. The kids don't necessarily stay in the same place for the 20 or 30 minutes it takes me to do that, so I might have to pick up a few pieces when I'm done. But overall, it could be a whole lot worse. Here's hoping for continued improvement all around.
2 comments:
I've been thinking about you and Quinn a lot. What a difficult situation with so little you can do for him. It must be so hard.
I hope he continues to improve. It's great to see his beautiful little face!
- Krista (veganf)
What you have gone through, and are going through, is not exactly cake. It's good you started this blog, hopefully it'll be a good way to work through all this stuff. Um, Quinn is beautiful. I'm glad yesterday went okay.
Post a Comment