Sunday, April 27, 2008


So here we are in all our glory. It actually turned out okay that the picture was today instead. We went to church directly afterward, so we were all dressed up, and when we got there, Quinn had a onesie on. That's the first time he's worn any clothing. Of course he was drowning in it, but still, it's a step.

He's still doing well with feeds, which is such a relief to me. But his oxygen level is up. They constantly monitor his oxygen saturation level, and an alarm goes off when it dips below 85%. That often happens when we hold him just because something gets knocked out of alignment or something like that. But it was happening more often last night, so the oxygen going through the CPAP isn now 35%, where he had been at 25%. Atmospheric air is about 21% oxygen, so that was only a little above. Hopefully he can get back on track soon.

Church was hard. It was a long day, but with church starting at 1 p.m. there wasn't a really good time to go to the hospital with any sort of restful break. I'm in a lot of pain again. When oh when will I be well? But it was sort of nice to have some semblance of what my life used to be like. I led the music in sacrament meeting and played the piano in primary, just as if I were a capable person again.

Today's list:
1. I'm grateful for the literally hundreds of people who are praying for Quinn and for our family. We need and appreciate them all.
2. I'm grateful to finally have a family photo. It had been weighing on my heavily how splintered I feel we are.
3. I'm grateful for those who continue to serve our family and help us through this trial.
4. I'm grateful Dorian and Faith enjoy their little brother. Hopefully that continues to when he joins our family for good.
5. I'm grateful we got to go to church as a family today.

5 comments:

Jeff Grandon said...

It was great to see you at church today too, like things will eventually be normal. What grace. Hang in there.

Mike and Heidi said...

You have a beautiful family. What a priceless picture...your first family photo with Quinn. Thinking of you.

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

Linda D. gave us your address... nice to be able to sneak a peak. You are all in our prayers... May you continue to feel His angels bracing you. our love, brent/jan

Jen V. said...

I have read all your blogs in one sitting up to this date and I must say, I have shed a lot of tears of sorrow and joy. Sorrow for your birth not being what you wanted and joy that Quinn is progressing and is finally able to take your milk. That must be such a relief.

We have missed you at church and I noticed in RS that you were singing either tenor or bass (I'm not sure which one) as you often do with the closing song and it was nice to hear you doing that again, I didn't realize that I had missed it.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo. I am so glad that you got it.. Congrats on the feeds, the weight gain and getting to wear clothes! Some big milestones are happening for your little man. I will continue to pray for him.