Tis the season to be jolly again, and our year of the unexpected is almost over. May it never repeat.
We had a great Thanksgiving. The cousins loved playing with each other in the added space in the basement. We had lots of good food and good company, and it was so good for me to have some more adult conversations. Only 4 months to go.
I went to the other ward's sacrament meeting on Sunday morning. I don't know if this will be a long term solution, since we'll trade times with them after the new year, but for now, it works. It was good to take the sacrament, and just be there. And things didn't fall apart in my absence.
We've had snow, but then Monday the sun came out, and it got up to 50, so we went outside to play. We did that again today. I'm all for winter delaying it's real appearance.
I also took Quinn to our pediatrician on Monday. He never did shake whatever he picked up at the hospital, and the last few days, it worsened into serious congestion with yellow snot, and coughing. Turns out he has a sinus infection. Poor kid. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but I feel like a first time parent again. I remember being pretty anxious when Dorian got sick for the first time. I took him in because he was getting dehydrated with all the throwing up. I was much more relaxed with Faith, and knock on wood, I've yet to take her to the doctor for an illness. Then along came Quinn. I'm sure we'll both grow out of it, but in the mean time, we'll probably know about every bug that works its way through our neighborhood and our church. And the older kids will continue their course. Dorian's gotten into the habit of using a word he just learned in every context, appropriate or not. This week's word is important. Example: "Dorian, it's time to get dressed. " "It's not important, Mommy." or "What do you want for lunch?" "It's not important, Mommy." Alrighty then. Nevermind that I think he's going through a growth spurt and has become a bottomless pit. He ate three bowls of pasta last night, two of his own, and then he finished off Faith's. But that's okay. It's not important.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just remember that in the dark of December, we are closer to spring than we were in September!(some famous poet)
Glad to hear you had a nice holiday. Winter is hard. My son was born at the end of November and I worried until Spring. Also don't know if you heard but I'm pregnant again. Due in May and things seem to be progressing well this time thankfully. Take care!
Amy
Post a Comment