Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it snow!
Kurt came home from work early on Friday, knowing we were about to get pounded by the same storm that dumped snow on Las Vegas. I'm glad he did. He needed some time playing in the snow.
The kids had a wonderful time too.
Even Quinn seemed okay with it.
Here's a fun shot. This is that same picnic table this afternoon, after the Friday storm and today's storm.
This is the pond. Dorian and Faith seem to think they will be going skating soon.
We have a walkway under that snow somewhere.

I love the single icicle hanging from the lamppost.

I'm excited today is the solstice. I'm not thinking of it as the first day of winter this year. I'm thinking of it as the shortest day of the year, and therefore we'll be getting more sun from here on out. We need some sun.

The kids are excited for Christmas and ask daily if it's time to open presents. Not very long now. Then we'll have to think of something else to look forward to, besides spring. We always look forward to spring.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I like your thoughts on solstice. That's a great way to think of it. We're blanketed in snow, too, and it's so much fun. Looks like we'll have a white Christmas this year!