Sunday, December 07, 2008

Just a little classic 80's movie to mark the day.

Yes, it's my birthday. I was born on the 39th anniversary of the Pearl Harbor bombing, and the day before John Lennon was murdered. Just a couple of iffy signs to start life with. This is my 6th birthday in a row where I've been either pregnant or breastfeeding. For the record, I'm making no prediction as to my status next year. If I've learned anything this year, it's that the best laid plans can all turn to crap.

We sort of had our celebration yesterday, just because things are generally easier on Saturday than Sunday. Here I caught Faith making my cake.
And the kids' favorite part, blowing out the candles.
Kurt made me my favorite chicken and feta dinner, and we watched a lot of football. After all the football games were over, we watched The Two Towers. And then this morning we woke up to snow. And another year passes.

In other news, Quinn weighed in at 13 lbs 4 oz this week, up nearly a pound from last month. He's growing! I think (knock on wood) the illness is on it's way out. And this week's word appears to be favorite. Both older kids are starting to grasp the concept of favorites. Many times in the last few days, I've heard Faith say "You're my favorite mommy." Okay, I admit, that one got to me.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!

Bronwyn said...

Thanks, and congratulations! I do remember hearing you were pregnant, come to think of it. Hope all goes well.

Becky N. said...

Happy Birthday! You share it with one of my most adorable nephews. :)

(*love* the new word of the week!!)

Leah said...

Happy Birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday (a day late!) I did think of you, but I didn't get on the computer yesterday. Hope you had fun!

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

WEll Happy Birthday! You and Marilyn Devor! jan

Bronwyn said...

Yes, my mother always comments about celebrating both of our birthdays. I also have 2 nieces who are within 2 days of me. Popular time.

Shauna said...

Yay! Happy Birthday! Congratulations on staying just slightly older than Levi. :-)