What can I say? Holidays throw everything off, even if we haven't actually had that holiday yet. We are very much looking forward to Thanksgiving in a couple of days, and having cousin time for the kids. Kurt's brother and family will be joining us for the occasion. We've been working frantically on our basement in the meanwhile, a work in progress. Eventually, we want to have a play room, laundry/bathroom, spare bedroom, storage room, and workshop down there. It sounds like a lot, but the basement is the whole area of the house, minus the garage. I dream of having a 2 car garage, but I think I'll have to admit that that will be a different house. But I'm happy with the results of the basement so far. We have shelves sectioning off the different "rooms," and a foam rubber floor on what will be the play room. I moved all the toys downstairs, so yay, no more clutter in the kids' bedroom! There is also a TV and DVD player and bean bag chairs. As I said, a work in progress, but so far, Dorian and Faith love it. And I think the cousins will too. And eventually, Quinn will join in the play down there. First he has to master other things. Here's one thing he's got a pretty good handle on. He hates being on his stomach.

So he takes care of that.

and rolls over within seconds of being put down.

He doesn't got from his belly to his back yet. Why would he? He doesn't like that view. But he's getting pretty mobile, and he'll also now reach for toys. So I think we're making progress overall.

He also loves his swing. Good thing too, otherwise I don't think I'd ever get dinner done.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
2 comments:
What a lot of progress he's made since day one, huh? I can't believe it, rolling over! He looks so happy and strong.
Frankly, I'm amazed you have it within yourself to work on a long-term project like turning a basement into living area, with 3 kids in the house, one of them being a preemie. I can hardly get *anything* done with my three. But it sounds like it will pay off, and be a great space for you all!
Kurt is doing an awful lot of whatever is going on downstairs. I would almost say I'm along for the ride. But I think now is a good time to do it. The older kids appreciate it, and we'll have a long winter indoors. what else are we going to do?
Yes, Quinn has made a lot of progress. And really, aside from my being paranoid that he'll try and suffocate in his sleep again, he's no more work than other 4-5 month old babies. He doesn't have meds, or a monitor, or oxygen. He doesn't even get bottles anymore. I almost feel like I can't complain. Almost. ;)
Post a Comment