"Hi folks! It's me again!"
This is quite a complacent look, I think.
Yes, we're getting ready for church here. This may be our last hurrah for warm weather clothes.
We had a busy week, a double header of specialist appointments. First, we met with the urologist, who thought we were there to talk about hypospadias. But I was there to talk about the hernia, which changed everything. Quinn is scheduled for surgery to repair it this coming Thursday, Sep 11. I thought that was a rather ominous date to schedule anything, but maybe I'm just paranoid. There's a good chance he won't have to stay overnight, and that it might only take spinal anesthesia, not general. Let's hope for both those things. I did ask the urologist when he thought a good time to do they hypospadias surgery would be. In Quinn's case, he said at least 5 or 6 more months. So I have that much time to seek a second opinion.
Our next specialist was the pulmonologist. We aged in his waiting room, but it was worth it for how well the appointment went. We got a glowing report. It probably helped that Quinn was perfectly bright-eyed and personable for the doctor, who said he looks fantastic, his lungs sound great, he's obviously thriving, and unless something drastic happens, he doesn't need to see him again at all. Woohoo! One more thing to cross off the list. Oh, and we got to weigh Quinn too. Ten pounds even on Thursday. We're watching him grow before our very eyes. We've been very blessed in his recovery. I hope and pray that continues this week, especially for his surgery.
7 comments:
Yay! From the outside it seems like everything is happening so fast now. He's doing so well. Good luck with the surgery on Thursday!
Hope the surgery went well today.. And Congrats on the great progress he is making. Is he off of all of his monitors now?
Right, no monitors, no meds, no bottles. At first glance, he just looks like a regular baby. The surgery was successful. I'm currently with him in the hospital, and I'll have a doozy of a post to describe it, but not now. This little laptop is great for a lot of things. Writing long posts isn't one of them.
Glad the surgery is over... now to get HOME again! jan
Anxiously watching for an update about the surgery! I hope all is well.
Oh good (I just read the rest of the comments, LOL). Glad the surgery is over and he is doing okay. I hope you are too.
Wow. Congrats to him. Aybra is still on monitors and meds and with the med she has to take it in a bottle :(
Post a Comment