Sunday, August 24, 2008

Just a warning, it's hard to capture the moment at such close range. Hence, the top of Quinn's head appears to be missing. But I caught his first smile, and that's what counts. He smiled and giggled at me.

And Faith decided he needed some encouragement. He didn't seem to mind. And you can see that Faith had a relatively active week. She face-planted on the dining room floor, giving her that lovely bruise on her forehead and skinning her nose.


Another first this week: we had no appointments of any kind. That's probably the last week like that for awhile, but it was nice while it lasted.

Another first, though I'm not sure if it really counts. Quinn rolled over. He was in the co-sleeper, which doesn't have a totally level mattress, and he used it to his advantage. He rolled from his belly to his back, both directions. So I think things are going okay for him. We'll check his weight this week, but he is visibly bigger, and so I'm not worried about it. Then next week is the dreaded urologist appointment, where we'll talk about his hernia. He'll need to go back to the hospital to have it repaired, and I'm just dreading giving him back, so to speak. It seems like I just got him. Well, I'll worry about that when it comes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!!! Hopefully the hernia repair will go great and he will be out in a day or two.. FWIW Alo had some repaired and some hydroceles and his recovery was really fast. He would have gotten out of the hospital within a day or so but he had 5 surgeries done at once then so he had to stay a while but the hernia was so easy compared to others he has had.

serra said...

i cannot believe you have three kids! I found you through sara laclaires site...can you believe she's having twins?? anyway - it was so good to catch up on your story. You're little quinn is quite amazing. I am 26 weeks prego today and I cannot imagine going in for delivery this early... I am so glad he is smiling ;)

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

I love how you are enjoying every minute and every achievment. It is so easy to let the really important things in life get swallowed up in the just get through the day stuff of life.... like making dinner! and doing laundry! That smile was the best!

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

I love how you are enjoying every minute and every achievment. It is so easy to let the really important things in life get swallowed up in the just get through the day stuff of life.... like making dinner! and doing laundry! That smile was the best!