My sister requested I post a picture of Quinn sitting up. He just mastered this skill. He would have been 8 months old, so that's just about right, based on my memories of my other kids. He also just got his first tooth, so we're moving right along, and he's fifteen and a half pounds. He's been sick for three weeks now, and I'm so ready for spring weather and sunshine and warmth and health. He has had the same annoying cough that Dorian, Faith and Kurt got. Everyone else is healthy again. This too shall pass.With Quinn getting his first tooth, I've reflected again on something that has struck me in the past. Before I had kids, I heard all these stories of what it was like to have babies around the house, the things that just come with the territory. Here's a short list of some of those things that I haven't had to do in nearly five years and three kids.
- I've dealt with one ear infection.
- I haven't dealt with colic. If my kids are crying, I can almost always identify the cause.
- I can count the number of times each child has spit up.
- Putting things other than food in their mouths doesn't seem to be something that appeals to them.
- The only way I've noticed a new tooth is by seeing it. My kids don't show any symptoms of teething.
1 comment:
That IS interesting...and very lucky, I'd say. He sure is cute! And getting big!
I'm with you on the spring thing. I can't wait to air out the house with all its sickie germs and play outside all day.
Post a Comment