We've finished our second full week of school. Dorian still seems to be enjoying things, and is telling me more details when he comes home. I take that as a good sign. One day this week, as soon as he came home, he had to re-enact what the class did for P.E that day, going on a bear hunt. We have our Meet the Teacher night this week, and we'll see if his teacher agrees that there is improvement. Faith is enjoying her school experience as well, and we're all settling into a routine.
Quinn needs to go to walking boot camp. I had made a goal to get him walking within the week, and didn't accomplish it. I'll reset it for this week. He can walk. He has walked. He won't walk. He doesn't even want to walk while holding my hand anymore. His physical therapist said we'd have to trick him into it, and she was right. I'm anxious for him to move onto the next phase. Part of my motivation is purely selfish, I admit. I'm tired of all of his pants having dirty knees. And once he does start walking, he'll look much closer to the 18 month old he actually is, than to the 12 month old he appears to be. Just standing upright seems to add several months to his age. I've tried to explain that to him, and guess how well that took. So here it is: this blog will be my accountability. Quinn will walk by next week. I will work with him everyday to help accomplish this goal. I so decree it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment