Saturday, April 04, 2009

Well, here it is, the day I've simultaneously looked forward to and dreaded. Happy Birthday Quinn.
Dorian and Faith were ecstatic to be celebrating a birthday. Thank heaven for their enthusiam.

I think Quinn was a bit overwhelmed. I would be too if my candle were that brilliant.
He didn't actually eat this, just smash it a bit.
I feel like I ought to have something profound to say at this point, about all the things I learned that I never wanted to know, how I feel like a stronger person, how far we've come, and what a miracle Quinn is. The truth is, I'm still sort of living day to day, trying not to make long-range plans. My goal for today was to survive it, and a supporting goal of not thinking about what was happening a year ago whenever I looked at the clock. I think I was pretty successful in that. I'll save the philosophizing for a less momentous day. Suffice it to say we've done it: survive a year, survive winter, and survive the birthday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS FINALLY ONE! I can not wait to see him! :)

Carrie Lommasson said...

Happy Birthday, Quinn! I still can't believe you have 3 kids. How are we such grown-ups already? Oh, and those cupcakes look yummy.

Shauna said...

Yay, happy cupcake day, miracle baby Quinn!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!

Jan Kate Brower Arnell said...

Are you sure it hasn't been 10 years? jan

Jenny said...

Happy birthday to your cute Quinn! Do you mind if I put your blog on my blogroll? Mine is: http://jenniferandmatt.blogspot.com